Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rash On Forehead And Nose My 4 Year Old Has A Pinkish Rash On His Face. Should He See His Pediatrician Or Dermatologist?

My 4 year old has a pinkish rash on his face. Should he see his pediatrician or dermatologist? - rash on forehead and nose

It was this outbreak is now over 24 hours. I was informed by telephone to the nurse to give him Benadryl and only if it does not work, or take it to spread. The rash is localized. In the facial area. His forehead, nose, cheeks and chin are covered. No biting. She has no fever. The drug did not improve the appearance of it. Should see his pediatrician in the morning or a dermatologist?

2 comments:

likn my life said...

Given the location and the fact that the Benadryl does not improve, I would say that the issue of eczema with topical steroids required.

I want to see the derm, but I'm willing to bet that you expect good to see him have to see for his regular pediatrician is probably easier.

mylittle... said...

Yes, he should see his pediatrician. This could be just an allergic reaction to soap or shampoo you use, or in other ways. But prevention is better than cure.

Post a Comment